Friday, November 18, 2011

Assignment 4-5


    While I was writing my Kalman essay, I had to keep in mind that this essay is based on lifestyle choices and getting my audience to think more while they are choosing what types of foods to eat.  To enhance this I described the pictures that Kalman chose to put in her text and what they represent and the choices that come from the picture.  Whether is deciding to be a vegetarian or not based on a picture of a com in a field, or if it was choosing to eat a more organic diet based on a meal that was created entirely from a farmer’s garden.  My audiences can anybody but especially for those who do want to change their lifestyle and become more healthy and conscious of what they are eating.

    While I was writing my Neufeld essay, I had to keep in mind that this essay centered on the horrible conditions people lived through in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina destroyed their homes.  It was difficult at first trying to analyze a comic but each time I went through the comic it became easier to understand the purpose and I had an easier time picking out the examples I wanted to put in my essay.  I showed how much violence there was but along with the violence I also showed the caring characteristics that were shown in some of the people in the comic. My audience can by anyone but maybe for those who were not aware of the living conditions the victims had to go through and how their lives were changed because of this.

    While I was writing my Junod essay, I had to keep in mind that this was about one of the victims from the September 9th attack in 2001.  This essay was the most difficult one to write because I had a hard time finding aspects in his article and forming a thesis statement that I could set up and follow up with examples found in the text.  In the revised essay I focused on how Junod might be slowing down the process of closure for the victims and reopens their wounds by seeing this man falling from the World Trade Center, which could bring up a lot of painful memories for them.  My audience is for anyone but those directly affected my 9/11 might find it painful and hard to read, because it stemmed from this man falling to his death and it might make them relive how their loved ones died on that day.

4 comments:

  1. I have to say that Kolman essay was more fun actually and agree with you that Jound was the most difficult one

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree that Junod was the hardert essay to do. I think this may be becasue the larger text and also less images that made it more difficult to find major ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure why my fist comment doesn't have my name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of your observations spoke directly of the writing's content. While all of our reflections are individual,you didn't seem to convey on your personal feelings after reading these writings. But all of our writings are as differnt as we are, for I reflected more on how these writing affected me that what they contained.

    ReplyDelete